Thursday, January 15, 2015

Lush Mask of Magnamity Face and Back Mask

I have been using lot of face masks lately and on my recent visit to lush I picked up Mask of Magnamity the much talked about facemask from Lush.  I always wanted to pick this up but somehow I always forgot about it so finally I got this and I have been using this for a month now and I thought this is right time to share my thoughts on this.

Claims:-
China clay and fresh peppermint reach deep down to pull the debris from your pores, giving you that delightful tingly-clean sensation. We add loads of aduki beans to exfoliate flaky or dry skin, vanilla absolute to calm redness and honey to soothe. Our inventors created Mask of Magnaminty to be the ‘ultimate face mask’, 

Price:-$12.95- $24.95 depending upon the quantity.

Ingredients:- Bentonite Gel, Kaolin, Honey, Talc, ground Aduki Beans, Evening Primrose Seeds, Peppermint oil, African Marigold Oill, Vanilla Absolute, Limonene, Perfume, Chlorophyll, Methylparaben.

My Experience:- Now that summers are here, my skin has become super oily and acne prone.  Every summer I always look for products that can calm my skin and can help me in keeping my skin clean, so when I went to the store to buy some of the Lush products I saw this and I was just looking at the ingredients and I saw peppermint and kaolin which are really good for oily acne prone skin, so without any second thought I got this. 

The packaging of the product is typical matte black tub packaging with a screw cap on the top.  I always like to buy lush products in smaller size because of the small shelf life they have.  Surprisingly this face mask has shelf life of 4 months and you don't need to keep this in fridge unlike other lush face mask.  The moment you open the tub you can smell a strong scent of peppermint oil in it.  It looks like pista ice cream in the tub and the consistency is creamy and it has small granules in it which works great but does not feel abrasive on skin.  This is a facemask cum scrub kind of product you can apply it as a face mask and once it dries you can use it as a scrub by spraying some water on your face.  Regarding the efficacy of the product this product definitely gives a squeaky clean feeling, and you feel slight tingling sensation on the skin when you apply it nothing too much.  It dries very fast and the results are amazing too post usage.  The frequency of my breakouts have decreased noticeably.  I apply this face mask every alternate day before bed time and follow with my normal Toner and Moisturiser routine and it works really well.  Next morning my face looks clean and fresh which is the only requirement for me.

Is it meant for you?
If you have acne prone skin definitely go for it.  One of the best product for people with acne. 

Thumbs Up:-
1.  Great for acne prone skin.
2.  Gives cooling sensation on application.
3.  Some of the natural ingredients which are good for skin.
4.  Peppermint and kaolin are active ingredients which helps soothe the skin.
5.  Squeaky clean face after usage.
6.  Less breakouts.

Thumbs Down:-
1.  Tub packaging ( not a cons for me though now because most of the facemask comes in tub packaging these days )

2.  Less shelf life I mean only for 4 months so I would suggest to always buy smaller tub.

Overall,  I totally LOVE this product and I would definitely recommend it to everyone with acne prone skin.




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...