Sunday, December 1, 2013

The Body Shop Cocoa Butter Cream Body Scrub Review

I am a sucker of body scrubs in winters as I have a very dry skin which gets worse during this time of year, so I have to take extra care in winters otherwise it gets very bad.  I wanted a product that would exfoliate and at the same time moisturise my ultra dry skin. Any products which says ultra hydrating, creamy attracts me.  I saw this product online and it was one of the top rated product of The Body Shop so I picked it up and it is love at first use.  Read on to know what is so special about this scrub.

The Body shop cocoa Butter Scrub


BEST IF YOU WANT TO: Embrace your softer side with a creamy, chocolate-scented scrub that has exfoliating ground rice and almond shell powder.

BEST FOR: very dry skin

How it works:
  • Community Trade cocoa butter, an excellent moisturizer that melts at body temperature, is rich in essential fatty acids and antioxidants.
  • Community Trade organic soy oil is very rich in essential fatty acids that help to repair skin's moisture barrier, so skin is smooth and supple.
Price: $20 or Rs. 995

The Body shop Cocoa Butter Body Scrub
My Experience:- 

The Body shop says its meant for dry skin that was the main reason why I picked it up.  It smells exactly like fresh cocoa which I really love.  The texture of the product is very creamy and the granules are not at all abrasive just perfect.  This product does the job. Ground almonds exfoliate the skin and the cocoa butter hydrates the skin. This does not irritate my skin even though I have sensitive skin.My skin feels super smooth and smelled amazing after usage.  There is nothing not to love about this body scrub.  It is great for people with dry skin as it has moisturising properties to it.  This scrub has totally transformed my dry itchy winter skin.   It moisturizes while sloughing off the dead skin and doesn't leave a greasy residue like some can. Also, its grit is made of shells, not sugar so it doesn't dissolve prematurely so you can keep on scrubbing until your heart's content. I have used most of the The Body shop scrubs but this is my favorite till now.  

The Body shop cocoa Body Scrub
Thumbs Up:-

1.  Leaves a moisturized coating on the skin.
2.  Smells amazing like cocoa.
3.  Granules are not at all abrasive.
4.  Great for winters.
5.  Leaves the skin soft and smooth.
6.  The Body shop is against animal testing.
7.  Does everything it claims.
8.  Ground almonds, rice and organic sugar makes it excellent exfoliator.
9.  Community fair trade Cocoa butter comes right from Ghana.

The Body shop Cocoa Butter body scrub
Thumbs Down:-

1.  Tub packaging so its hard to scoop out the product and this is not a hygienic packaging.

So this was my HG scrub for winters and I would highly recommend this to someone who has normal to dry skin. 


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...