Saturday, January 25, 2014

ELF Studio Daily Brush Cleanser Review

I have been using Johnsons Baby Shampoo and Dove Shampoo to wash my makeup brushes, but there are times when I am about to start my makeup and I find my makeup brushes dirty. Recently I got some stuff from elf cosmetics which I hauled here and I saw that there is this product called Daily Brush Cleanser on the website which is about $3 so I thought of giving it a try.  So yesterday while doing my eye makeup I spot clean my brush using the ELF Cleanser and if you want to know what is the result, read on.

ELF Studio Daily Brush cleanser


Claims:-An anti-bacterial daily brush cleanser for quick cleaning in-between makeup applications. Disinfects brushes to provide a fresh and clean application every time. Cleaning brushes after each use with the Daily Brush Cleaner helps to keep your brushes last longer for extended use. New and improved leak-proof design for easy travel when you're on-the-go!

  • How To Use:- After using your brush, spray several times over the brush bristles.
  • Gently wipe the brush onto a clean cloth to remove makeup.
  • Allow brush to fully air dry before next use.
  • Repeat daily or as often as necessary.



  


Ingredients:-Water(Aqua), Alcohol Denat,Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Methylparaben.

Price:-$3

ELF Studio Daily Brush Cleanser
My Experience:-  This product comes in a plastic spray bottle.  Its colorless, and it has a smell to it which I really don't like.  I solely use this cleanser for spot cleaning.  It is an antibacterial cleanser so it really help in disinfecting makeup brushes.  It cannot eliminate the need of weekly thorough wash because it does not takeout all the gunk from the makeup brushes.  However for spot cleaning its definitely worth to try.   

How well it works:-  Let me give you the demo of how it works.

ELF Studio Daily Brush Cleanser
ELF Daily Brush Cleanser
ELF Studio Daily Brush Cleanser
ELF Daily Brush Cleanser
Thumbs Up:-
1.  Very Cheap compared to MAC brush cleanser.
2.  Great for spot cleaning.
3.  Has antibacterial properties, so no infection.
4.  Spray Bottle which is easy to use.
5.  Brush dries out very quickly after spraying.

Thumbs Down:-  
1.  It has a strong smell like some perfume which I dont like.
2.  Cant eliminate the need of weekly cleaning.
3.  Contains Parabens.
4.  Does not take out everything from the brush.

Overall, I like the product for spot cleaning.  But I might not buy it again because of the strong perfume like smell.  But for the price its definitely a deal.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...