Monday, March 3, 2014

Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser Review and Swatches

Recently Maybelline launched one of the new product which claims to minimise the appearance of pores.  I have been using Benefit Porefessional which I reviewed (herefor so long but that costs around $30 so when Maybelline came up with this pore minimising product I was really excited to try it because Maybelline is one brand that mostly has good product quality so you can say I already wanted to love this product even before I used it.  So does Maybelline Pore Eraser fulfills the claims, lets find out.

Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser


Claims:-
Poreless Smooth Skin Perfection! One second to smooth, poreless skin. Get mistake- proof, poreless smooth skin with Maybelline New York Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser Primer.
  • Poreless Smooth Skin Perfection!
  • One Second To Smooth, Poreless Skin
  • Visibly Pore Blurring Smooth Skin
Ingredients:-
Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Stearyl Heptanoate, Caprylyl Glycol, Silica Silylate, Propylene Glycol, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Prunus Cerasus Extract / Bitter Cherry Extract.
May Contain: CI 73360 / Red 30, CI 77492 / Iron Oxides.

Price:- $6.99

Maybelline Baby skin Instant pore Eraser
My Experience:-  

Maybelline Pore Eraser comes in a sea green tube, the packaging indeed looks very cute.  The texture of the product is thick and is a clear gel consistency product and you can actually feel its quite silicone.  So when I first applied this my skin felt really oily as the product is quite oily on face, so I washed the face again and thjis time I use very little amount and applied the product only on my T zone and near nose where I have problems of open pores.  This time it was fine but its definitely very thick and quite oily.  Right now my skin is more on a normal side rather than oily because of the cold weather.  Then also I felt this product to be little oily.  I am sure I am not going to like this in summers and people who are living in warmer climate and have oily skin will definitely not going to like it.  Maybelline claims that the product works on Blur Technology so it does not fill the pores however it blurs the appearance of pores also you can use it alone or over the foundation.  So regarding the efficacy of the product when I used it alone it didn't worked at all.  My pores were visible and there was absolutely no difference.  So, next time I used it under the foundation and this time it definitely blur the pores and my pores were not visible when I applied foundation over it.  But I don't think so it helps in controlling oil because within 3-4 hrs my skin started getting oily especially on T zone.  So this product is only to minimise the appearence of pores and it does not helps in controlling the oil unlike the Benefit Porefessional.  Benefit Porefessional helps in controlling oil also plus Porefessional is not at all greasy in texture, I have reviewed Porefessional here in detail, so you can check that also if you want.  



Thumbs Up:-
1.  Cheap.
2.  Works in minimising the appearance of pores, definitely blurs them.
3.  Cute packaing.
4.  Helps smoothing the surface and minimise the appearance of fine lines.
5.  Doesnot break me out.

Thumbs Down:-
1. Does not control oil.
2.  Will not suit combination to oily skin.
3.  Contains Silicons, so if you are allergic to silicon you will not like it.

Overall, I like this product but I will not repurchase it because I have oily skin and this product is quite greasy for a primer.  If you are someone who has dry skin and have open pores, you will like it.  But for combo- oily beauties its a total skip.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...