Tea Tree oil is one product that I always keep with me and it has really helped in improving the texture of my skin and keeping my skin squeaky clean. Tea tree oil is very beneficial for the skin, it has antibacterial properties which keeps the skin from bacteria and not only skin you can spray on your makeup brushes and to the pillow before sleeping and it can kill all the bacteria. There are n no. of uses wherein Tea Tree oil can help. But before telling you about some of the uses. We need to know what is Tea Tree oil and all the basic science behind Tea Tree Oil.
|Tea Tree Oil|
What is Tea Tree Oil?
Tea tree oil is an essential oil with a fresh camphoraceous odor and a color that ranges from pale yellow to nearly colorless and clear. It is taken from the leaves of the Melaleuca alternifolia, a native plant of Australia. Tea tree oil has been claimed to be useful for treating a wide variety of medical conditions.
Benefits and Uses of Tea Tree Oil:-
1. Use a dab to treat acne.
2. An anti-fungal for treating Athlete’s Foot, eczema, various yeast infections, etc.
3. An antiseptic to be used on cuts and burns.
4. An anti-viral: it may lessen the symptoms of colds and flu. Try using a few drops in the bath.
5. Add to a vaporizer to loosen chest congestion.
6. Add a small amount to shampoo to destroy head lice.
7. A small amount added to your bath can help with persistent body odor.
8. Treating sinus infection.
9. For dandruff and dry scalp.
10. In the form of aromatherapy, tea tree oil is used to treat colds, persistent coughs, acne, toothaches, and sunburn.
11. To create an all-purpose cleaner, combine 2 teaspoons of tea tree oil in 2 cups of water in a spray bottle.
12. Another version would be 14 ounces of water with 1 ounce of Murphy’s oil soap and 10 drops of tea tree oil.
13. Mix the above solution with kosher salt to scrub bathtub and bathroom tiles.
14. Add a few drops to dishwasher dispenser, then fill with a green dishwashing soap.
15. A few drops added to each load of laundry leave your clothes smelling cleaner.
16. Control mold with a tea tree oil/water spray.
17. Remove mustiness with that same tea tree oil/water spray.
18. To keep germs at bay, spray it on high chairs, car seats, and other high traffic spots.
19. 15 drops in a quart of water can be an effective insect repellent.
20. Be sure to take some with you when hiking and camping to put directly on insect bites or blisters.
Where to buy?
So many brands are offering tea tree oil these days, few of them are The Body Shop and Aroma Magic. Infact The Body Shop has an entire range of Tea Tree product which has tea tree soaps, toner, moisturiser and so many other products. You can also find tea tree oil in health food stores and on the web also.
How To Make your own Antibacterial spray?
You just need a spray bottle, purified water and tea tree oil. So what you are going to do is to pour some purified water in the spray bottle and add few drops of tea tree oil. And you are done! Easy peasy!
You can also spray it to refresh your face during the day. it will keep acne at bay. You can also spray it on your makeup brushes before you apply your makeup.
So this is everything you need to know about Tea Tree. Make your own antibacterial spray using Tea Tree oil and have a happy and healthy skin. Hope this helps!
References:-Wikipedia and Care2.com