Sore throat, running nose and fever making us miss out on life. Weather is very unpredictable here in North Carolina, there are certain home remedies that are very effective that I personally use. I thought of sharing with you guys.
1. While preparing your tea, add crushed ginger to it along with black pepper.
2. Put lemon juice, ginger slices, honey in hot water and sip when it’s still hot. Have it two to three times a day. The pungent ginger clears congestion and soothes irritated nasal passages. Lemon is enriched with Vitamin C
3. Gargle your throat with hot water mixed with salt and turmeric powder. It is an age old cure to relieve infected throat.
4. Take a bowl of hot water and put turmeric powder or eucalyptus oil in it. Take a towel and put it over your head. Take in the steam for 10 to 15 minutes. It will help you clear your nasal passage. After you are done, make sure you don’t sit under the fan.
5. It may seem like a highly unpleasant remedy but biting into a clove of raw garlic is known to cure cold! If you can’t muster enough courage to do that, you could try adding garlic in all your meals. Garlic has strong anti-bacterial properties.
So these are some home remedies for common cold and I have personally used them, and they are very very effective. Give it a try if you are also suffering from common cold. Hope this was helpful.